The extension adds a fantastic functionality in Google chrome and hence benefits the web developers, web designers as well as bloggers in number of ways. Google chrome supports number of extensions at the same time adds several features to the browser and enables the users to browse in a much safer, faster.
Features of Google Chrome
- Dragging tabs out and back in again: There you can drag a tab out from chrome in a separate window; same you can drag the separated window back to the tab.
- Own task manager: A chrome tab has a separate process. You can see the process what’s going on a task manager. It similar to windows task manager. It allows you to see which process is going on (active) in Google chrome and how much memory is utilized, CPU and network resource they use. You can access by right clicking on Google chrome title bar.
- Fantastic start page: Google Chrome start page is surprising. Beside the ubiquitous search bar, it gives you the most used web pages to fire up quickly.
- Faster: well optimized, stripped down shell and you get the fastest Web browsing experience. It loads fast; it displays pages fast, which really makes it a joy to use.
Following list consists of 10 of our favorite Google Chrome Extensions.
1. Alexa Traffic RankAlexa introduced their official Traffic Rank Extension for Google Chrome. Alexa Traffic Ranking allows you to access the review of the website, see the statistic, Traffic, load time. It is another important factor apart from the Google PageRank, used to evaluate a website or a blog. Alexa traffic ranking enables you to assess the competitors and increase the traffic rank of your site or blog. This extension adds an icon to your browser showing a graphical rank of any site you are visiting and allows you can see the numeric value by hovering the cursor over the icon. By clicking on the icon it opens a frame showing more information about the site like how many domains linked to it, how well it is reviewed and related sites. You can install this by the following link.
2. Firebug LiteAn excellent tool for web developer all over the world. It allows the webdesginer to edit live HTML and perfect CSS. They can even learn more from the code from other website. Firebug also allows you to experiment with the changes before saving any webpage. Same works with CSS. Designer can change the layout without worrying about the changes in the code which need to change on webserver.
3. Web DeveloperWeb developer enable productive development of high-performance web applications without the developer having to be an expert in browser. It has lots of options for examining and understanding web page layouts, including showing block element stacking orders, displaying CSS style information about certain elements, browser cache controlling, and much more
4. Eye DropperEye Dropper is a open sources extension for Google Chrome which allows you to pick colors from web pages, color picker and your personal color history. It is great tool for web developers and can help to design the good blogs.
5. SEO for ChromeDisplays SEO related information about the website you are currently visiting. Featuring backlinks, social media stats, pages indexed, traffic stats, and key phrase research tool.
6. Hover ZoomHover Zoom helps users enlarge thumbnails and images on many different websites on mouse over to view images in their full size without loading a new page. Pictures are automatically resized if they don’t fit the window. Installing and using the extension is very simple and straightforward. Once installed, the extension will show you a magnifying glass type icon on your address bar for all the supported websites.
7. Awesome Screenshot: Capture & AnnotationCapture the whole page or any portion, annotate it with rectangles, circles, arrows, lines and text, and blur sensitive information on one click.
8. PageRank StatusIf you are a owner of the website or a blog then you might be interested in knowing the PageRank for the same, with this extension you can keep track of sites. Also you can get Alexa rank of current webpage.
9. PicnikThis Extension allows users to directly take screenshots and pictures from the Chrome browser and also allows them to edit existing photos without any additional software. A complete set of tools from basic to professional.
10. PenduleIt’s an extended web developer tools for Chrome. In this tool you can validate code, disable style elements on the fly, show hidden page elements, Show used colors, hide all images, etc.
Firefox users can read 14 Best Firefox Add-Ons for Web Developers and Bloggers.
Hope you liked these Chrome extension and let me know your experience with these add-ons after installing.?