A while back I wrote an article on 20 Best Twitter tools you'll actually use to run and grow your community. I received a lot of response on that series of posts and I wanted to provide a similar short list for running and growing your Twitter community. Below are just the 10 that I think are particularly useful and effective to engage people on Twitter.
1. TweetyMailTweetyMail is an application that allows you to send tweets and direct messages, follow and unfollow and even block the user and do lots more via email. This also enables you to create custom email alerts and receive tweets, and Twitter searches delivered automatically to your inbox.
2. CoTweetCoTweet ia a web-based social media engagement, management and reporting solution to track and analyze conversations about their brands over Twitter. It enables you to check the history of the conversation with an individual or twitterer. It display a sign indicating that you have replied to a particular twitterer. You can open my twitter list on cotweet. Cotweet allows people to have multiple accounts as well as you can also keep a tracks of all the clicks for a particular tweet. This is great because you are able to track and analyze your performance and know the best time to send a tweet.
3. TwileshareTwileshare application allows you to upload and share PNG, GIF, JPG, DOC or PDF files on Twitter. You can also share anything like images, PDFs to Word, Excel or ebooks. Some highlights of the features are:
- Share images, videos, PDF and DOC files under 20MB using the service.
- You get total 1GB space for all your shared files.
- All individual files get Analytics, so you know how many times a file was viewed or downloaded.
- All document files are viewable at Twileshare in Scribd viewer. Users don’t have to download them to read. Viewers can also comment on all files as well.
- You can always download a back-up copy of all your files.
4. iTweetiTweet is a substitute Twitter interface that comes with many improved features making it better to the default Twitter user interface.
5. TviderTvider is an easy application to share your favorite pictures, videos, audios and tweets with friends and family. This includes following features
- Support for 3 types of media – Video, Audio, Pictures.
- Tools to instantly generate media using webcam and mobile camera.
- Option to publish a pre-recorded media tweet from your HDD or mobile SD Card memory.
- Instant Micro Media Tweeting experience designed by limiting the media length to 60s in case of video and audio.
- Reply and Re-Tweet the media Tweets in your timeline.
6.TwtpollTwtpoll is an simple application to create opinion polls for your friends and followers. You just need to enter Twitter username to create variety of polls. Your friends can vote and the results can be viewed quickly. TwtPoll offers another added feature of embedding the poll on your blog or website.
7. TimelyTimely is an application that Schedule your tweets for maximum impact with this powerful tool. Using Timely is easy and fun. Simply add your tweets to Timely and they publish them when they will have the highest impact.
8. TwolloTwollo is the most effective app to gain more Twitter followers. It helps you to have latest conversation in detail. Twollo is keyword based so you can search as per your requirements. Twollo can be availed by subscribing monthly or yearly packages.
9. Just Tweet ItJust Tweet It is an application that allows you to find people with similar interests. You can also search by categories and find the right people to follow.
10. SocialTooSocialToo an application that allows you to sync follower list through different networks. you can even auto follow those people who are following you and unfollow those who are not following you back.
I hope you liked the list and might it will be more helpful for your community to grow. While compiling this list might we missed some great twitter tools, if any please let us know via comments.